I am attending another conference! I went to the WLSFA conference in Vegas and I loved it so much that I am off to Phoenix in August! (I hope the air conditioning works well! Haha!)
This is supposed to be an awesome conference for pre-op WLS, post-op WLS, and even support people. 🙂 I hope to see you there!
Here is the link: http://www.ywmconvention.com/
Here is a little from their site:
YOU ARE INVITED to join us for the 2nd Annual Your Weight Matters National Convention, taking place this year in Phoenix, AZ, August 15 – 18 at the beautiful Arizona Grand Resort & Spa!
“Rise to the Challenge” with the Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) in Phoenix, where you can learn from the country’s leading experts and arm yourself with the knowledge to better manage your weight and your health!
The Your Weight Matters National Convention is the largest National meeting dedicated to providing evidence-based strategies for individuals impacted by excess weight and obesity, proudly brought to you OAC. As a National non-profit organization, the OAC is dedicated to helping the millions of Americans impacted by excess weight and obesity through education, advocacy and support.
The OAC’s National Convention is a 3-day educational event designed to bring together all individuals who struggle or are concerned with weight-related issues. The entire weekend is dedicated to presenting a comprehensive agenda, comprised of diverse topics that are designed to help any individual who has ever had a concern about their weight. We bring-in the country’s leading experts on weight and health and give you the RIGHT tools to be successful in your lifelong journey with weight.
The OAC’s National Convention is committed to:
- Presenting more than 40 educational topics, from the basics of nutrition and available treatment options for weight, to behavioral health issues like food addiction and the science behind willpower
- Bringing-in the country’s leading experts on weight and health, dedicated to presenting evidence-based information
- Incorporating a strong fitness component, offering an array of group fitness classes designed for all abilities
- Creating a strong community and the ideal environment where the healthy choice is the easy choice
- Conducting a National Advocacy Training Day where we train our next set of advocates to go to Capitol Hill